Leo Fender began building small amplifiers and electric lap steels with his partner, Clayton Orr "Doc" Kaufman.
Leo and Doc produced their first amplifier and steel guitar in 1945.
The Champion student amplifier was also introduced at this time.
With all the increase demand, Fender had not choice but to move to a new building.
Amplifiers currently produced in Scottsdale, AZ (Amplifier Custom Shop), Corona, CA (U.